Sugarloaf Shop Manager
The shop manager is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the operation of The Sugarloaf Café & Shop. The role is the public face of Elim to the local community and it is a very important element of the role to be able to represent Elim’s values and beliefs in all aspects of the shop’s operations. Therefore a knowledge of, and sympathy with, the Christian faith and with the ethos of Elim, and a willingness to be fully supportive of Christian outreach activities organised by the local church and students is required.
As Conference Administration Assistant you would work together with the conference centre team to ensure an unforgettable experience for our guests.
For full details visit Elim Website
- To lead and manage a small team of part time staff and students, ensuring they are trained in all areas of the operation and that rotas are maintained to cover the extensive shop opening hours;
- To ensure stock is ordered as required and that appropriate stock levels are maintained;
- To offer a high quality service to all types of customer such as students, Elim staff, local residents and tourists;
- Represent Elim as a positive influence on the community and which meets customer needs in an effective, friendly and engaging way;
- To manage the financial side of the operation including sales, pricing, budget management and cost control;
- In liaison with HR, to recruit new staff as required;
- To serve in the shop; this includes making coffee from a barista machine and the preparation of a range of hot food;
- To undertake all management paperwork associated with the shop including timesheets and invoices;
- Checking stock input to the till system and performing a stock take at the end of financial year with regular monthly checks;
- To consider creatively, ways of generating additional income for the shop and leveraging from other activities taking place in and around the Elim campus, such as performances in the theatre;
- To be responsible for the Food Hygiene and Health and Safety standards of the shop.
Note – Some week-end or evening working may be required, depending on the business need.
Note – This role involves significant amounts of standing and occasional heavy lifting.
- Location: Elim International Centre, Malvern
- Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 (Pro-Rata)
- Permanent Contract: Part-Time - 4 days per week (flexibility available)
- Closing Date: 18 December 2018
- Shortlisting: 19 December 2018
- Interview: January 2019